Cutting-edge Functional UI Testing Techniques
It is no secret that many teams struggle with automated functional UI testing — some to the point where it is completely abandoned — even though the UI is the most significant interface of the system.
In this session, Adam Carmi — Applitools CTO and Co-founder — reviewed the main weaknesses of traditional approaches to UI testing, and how they negatively affect test stability, maintainability, coverage, execution speed, and overall ROI. He also discussed how these weaknesses become even more severe when running tests across multiple devices and browsers.
Adam demonstrated how Visual AI — the innovative technology powering Applitools’ testing engine — can be applied on your existing pipeline to efficiently implement functional UI testing with a fraction of the effort while drastically increasing test coverage and reducing test execution time.
Adam also showed a live coding session, where he converted a traditional UI test into a Visual AI-based test in minutes, and executed it across dozens of devices and browsers in seconds using the Applitools Ultrafast Grid.
Adam’s Functional UI Testing slide deck:
Full webinar recording:
Additional Recommended Resources:
- Overcome the challenges of Cross-Browser Testing using Applitools Ultrafast Grid!
- Applitools Root Cause Analysis: Found a Bug? We’ll Help You Fix It!
- How To Run 372 Cross-browser Tests In Under 3 Minutes
- Modern Functional Test Automation Through Visual AI [webinar]
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course by Angie Jones, exclusively on Test Automation University
- 3 Steps to Visual Testing for PDF Files [with Code] — post by Angie Jones
- Angie Jones’s online Test Automation University course: “Setting a Foundation for Successful Test Automation” — In this TAU course, Angie explores the initial considerations for starting a new test automation initiative
- “Modern Functional Test Automation Through Visual AI” — take this online course — only on Test Automation University
- Start UI testing today — Open your free Applitools account right here
— HAPPY TESTING —
Originally published at https://applitools.com.