Cypress vs Selenium WebDriver: Better, Or Just Different?
A webinar by Gil Tayar
“Is Cypress better than Selenium WebDriver? I get asked this a lot.
Frankly, the easiest path of a ‘this vs that’ talk is to try and find out which is ‘best’.
But I will not take that path.
Instead, I will try and explain how Cypress is different from Selenium WebDriver.”
— Gil Tayar, Sr. Architect @ Applitools
There’s a new claim to the throne of functional test automation tools: Cypress.io.
Is Cypress fast? Yes. Is Cypress interactive? Yep. Is Cypress reliable? You bet. And best of all… it’s cool!
But is Cypress an alternative to Selenium WebDriver?
In this webinar, Sr. Architect Gil Tayar will take an in-depth look at both Cypress and Selenium WebDriver: he will demonstrate how to write Cypress test, how it’s used, and discuss how these 2 tools differ.
This session covers the following topics:
- How and why do frontend developers write tests
- Selenium architecture
- Cypress architecture
- Live demo of Cypress
- How Cypress deals with flakiness
- Cypress and backdoors to development
- Visual testing using Cypress
Full webinar recording:
Additional Resources and Recommended Reading:
- Gil Tayar’s INTRODUCTION TO CYPRESS free online course on Test Automation University — Enroll, learn how to test using Cypress.io, and get a certificate you can share on your Linkedin profile!
- Protractor vs Selenium: Which is Easier for Testing — post
- Creating a Flawless User Experience, End-to-End, Functional to Visual — Practical Hands-on Session with Gil Tayar and Cypress.io’s VP of Engineering Gleb Bahmutov
- Cross-browser Testing With Cypress.io — post
- Angular and Cypress UI Testing with Applitools — post
- React, Cypress.io, and Applitools for Functional and Visual Testing — post
- How to visually test VueJS apps using Cypress.io and Applitools — step-by-step tutorial
- Visual UI Testing at the Speed of Unit Testing, with new SDKs for Cypress and Storybook — webinar by Gil Tayar
- Cypress vs Selenium WebDriver: Better, or just different? — post by Gil Tayar
- How Cross-Browser Testing Is Evolving — post
- Visual Testing: The Missing Piece of the Puzzle — webinar with Gil Tayar
- What Is Front End Testing in 2019? — panel discussion
- Start Visually Testing today with your free Applitools Eyes account — open it here