Meeting CI/CD Requirements: Key Factors in Test Automation We Must Consider
Automated tests are a key component of CI (continuous integration) pipelines. They provide confidence that with newly added check-ins, the build will still work as expected. In some cases, the automated tests have the additional role of gating deployments upon failure.
With such a critical responsibility, it’s important that automated tests are developed to meet the needs of continuous integration.
Angie and Jessica also showed a live demo of integrating frontend tests to your pipeline within an Azure DevOps build — so we can see all those theories come to life.
Supporting Materials — put together for you by Jessica Deen:
— All the following links can also be found here. So check it out! —
Relevant Training Blog Posts:
- Things to consider when running visual tests in CI/CD pipelines: Getting Started (Part 1)
- Things to consider when running visual tests in CI/CD pipelines: Azure Devops & GitHub Actions(Part 2)
- Things to consider when running visual tests in CI/CD pipelines: Container Pipeline Edition (Part 3)
Great Learning Blocks
Microsoft Azure Cloud Links
Examples used to create a demo
- Getting started with CI/CD for Kubernetes, featuring Jfrog, Helm and Draft!
- Springboot Azure End to End Pipeline Yaml
- Ingress Controllers and Certificate Managers with K8s
VS Code Extension Resources
- VS Code Remote Containers
- VS Code Docker Extension See also Improve your Docker workflow with this VS Code Extension
- Kubernetes VS Code Extension
- Kubernetes Support VS Code Extension
Jessica’s Contact Information — Let’s stay in touch!
Additional Recommended Materials:
- Must-see webinar: DevOps & Quality in The Era Of CI-CD: An Inside Look At How Microsoft Does It — webinar w/ Abel Wang, Principal Cloud Advocate, DevOps Lead @ Microsoft
- Angie Jones Presents: “Automated Visual Testing: A Fast Path To Test Automation Success” — ace automated visual testing with this free 9-chapter online course, exclusive on Test Automation University!
- How Visual UI Testing Can Speed Up DevOps Flow
- 3 Steps to Visual Testing for PDF Files [with Code] — post by Angie Jones
- Building a Complete Pipeline: The Essential Components of Continuous Testing — on-demand webinar
— HAPPY TESTING —
Originally published at https://applitools.com.