Quality, Coverage, and Teamwork: The Holy Trinity Of USA Today’s Winning Dev/Test Team
Watch Joe Colantonio interview Greg Sypolt — Director of Quality Engineering @ Gannett | USA Today — and learn how he built his Dev/Test team for success — including: hiring test engineers, organizational culture, must-have tools, work processes, and best practices.
Improving coverage, quality, and teamwork — which lead to faster, better releases — requires a seamless merger of leadership skills, engineering savvy, advanced best-in-market tools, and cross-team collaboration and communication. But although most organizations claim they’re committed to agile development and digital transformation — including fully automated CI-CD processes — this is not a simple task: 75% of companies that have started this journey testified to failure in achieving those goals.
So what is the secret of success of the 25% of companies that have triumphed with implementing this change?
Greg Sypolt — Director of Quality Engineering @ Gannett | USA Today Network — will share the steps he took on his successful quest to conquer a fully automated CI-CD release pipeline, while supporting dozens of different apps, across a myriad of digital platforms covering thousands of end-user engagement points.
In this live interview hosted by Joe Colantonio — founder of the Guild Conferences and TestTalks podcast — you will discover what is Greg’s secret recipe for building a winning Dev/Test team that delivers quality software products — faster.
Watch this live interview and learn:
- Hiring for success: building a winning Dev/Test team
- Establishing and maintaining a culture of teamwork and effective communication
- Improving test coverage with more accuracy and less code
- Accelerating release cycles, while improving quality but without going over-budget
- Tools of the trade: what is in Greg’s tech stack that he can’t — and won’t — do without
Full Webinar Recording:
Have you got what it takes? Check out the job requirements and apply here
Here is some recommended reading to learn more:
From Greg Sypolt
- Learn more about Simulato and model-based testing go to our website — https://gannettdigital.github.io/simulato/
- Learn more about CI/CD, check out my keynote next month at Agile + DevOps West conference in Las Vegas: The Evolution of a Continuous Integration Pipeline
- These 2 blog posts might be a good reference — rethinking the role ‘journey’ in software testing + tips for achieving continuous improvement in software testing
- You can find all my blog posts and conference recordings @ http://www.qualityelement.com/blog/category/greg-sypolt AND http://www.qualityelement.com/gregsypolt-982108.html
From Joe Colantonio
Special Offer — 30% Off on Secure Guild Conf Tickets!
As thanks for joining us on this session, please enjoy 30% off when you sign up for Secure Guild — an online conference dedicated 100% to security testing, taking place May 20–21.
Enter the coupon code applitoolsecure in the ‘click here to enter your code’ link at checkout to receive your 30% off.
From Applitools’ Content Editors
- Webinar: DevOps & Quality in The Era Of CI-CD: An Inside Look At How Microsoft Does It — with Abel Wong of Microsoft Azure DevOps
- How to Run 372 Cross Browser Tests In Under 3 Minutes — post by Jonah Stiennon
- How Visual Regression Testing Can Help You Deliver Better Apps — post by Jay Phelps
- Challenges of Testing Responsive Design — and Possible Solutions — post by Justin Rohrman
- Webinar: Creating a Flawless User Experience, End-to-End, Functional to Visual — Practical Hands-on Session w. Greg Bahmutov (Cypress.io) and Gil Tayar (Applitools)
- How to Do Visual Regression Testing with Selenium — by Dave Haeffner
- Release Apps with Flawless UI: Open your Free Applitools Account, and start visual testing today.
- Improve your skills and build your resume for Success — with Test Automation University! The most-talked-about test automation initiative of 2019: online education platform led by Angie Jones, offering free test automation courses by industry leaders. Enroll, and start showing off your test automation certificates and badges!